Saturday, July 2, 2016

Summer update

My sewing projects seem to reflect the current changeable weather: warm, cold, sunny, rainy...... I mean, I switch from one sewing part to the other. First a block for the Sugar Block Club, then adding borders to a baby quilt for my sewing group. Followed by finishing the improv jeans bag for the three girls in my sewing group (I do not advise "improv" when it comes to adding a zipper as THE last part of the bag.....).

Block #12 Rockpool for the Modern HST Sampler provided a nice, calming sewing hour, succeeding in one last scissor bag finishing and more preparations for my sewing group. And today is totally reserved for a secret block that I have on my mind for weeks but can´t decide on. Well, today is the final day to make it because tomorrow is the deadline for it. Wish me luck!

Pictures from my sewing group:





The Blocks for the quilt challenges:

#11 Starshine
Sugar Block Club - June

#12 Rockpool



And to round up this changeable sewing time: last Friday we spent a sewing day at R+M Patchwork in Leibnitz. We, that is my Mum, Johanna and Christine from the Landler Quilters and me. Margit, the owner of the shop gave us instructions for the projects that we chose to sew. It was so much fun to sew when somebody else is doing the preparations, maths, cutting and providing materials for you!! All you have to do is sew! What´s  more to add?

And oohhh: the shop was full of fabrics...... no more do add!

Traude, Margit and Christine (from left to right) - utmost concentration...

Christine and Johanna

Petra, Margit, Johanna and Karin

This sewing day will be continued......




No comments:

Post a Comment