Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer finish and start: Mystery Quilt

I´m finally finishing my Mystery Quilt with the binding - I am in love with the quilting, done by Jana Jandejskova from Bellus in Prague. She did a perfect job longarm-quilting it, turning it into one big and very warming quilt to crawl under at night.

Binding for Mystery Quilt


Quilting pattern by Jana Jandejskova



Well, if you think you don´t need a warm quilt in summer: believe me, the temperatures right now in the evening push me under a quilt and when the quilt has bright and lovely summer colors, what´s more to say?

I used such colors for the "Paint Drips Quilt", designed by Angela Pingel, shown in the book "A Quilter´s Mixology". It´s the second quilt I made from that book and I certainly intend to do more as once I got the hang of curved sewing it really is great fun to do. The quilt was sent to Jana in Prague to be quilted.






And I am so happy that another Mystery Quilt-Along has started by Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs: 



 
Only the fabric selection has been done yet, here´s mine - so there is still plenty of time to join in! Cutting instructions will be posted on August 4th.



My fabrics are leftovers from the Paint Drips Quilt and instead of a white background color I chose a dark grey one - and as it seems I am not the only one anxiously waiting to get started!




No comments:

Post a Comment