Friday, July 17, 2015

Summer days.....

...and I´m still working. Although I spend most of my time with quilting my Clamshell quilt, I could not resist cutting up the dyed fabrics to make an autumn quilt! Even if that takes until midnight.....

To continue on a day like this (perfect morning start with Stuart Freeman on FM4 morning show, sewing, ironing, sewing, going out for lunch with my Mum, having a delicious ice-cream dessert afterwards, back home sewing, ironing, sewing), what more can a quilters´heart desire?

Big blocks, easy to sew...





Small blocks for the stems....





I love to trim blocks, don´t know why but having them neat and straight after they are mostly wonky after sewing is a pretty good feeling. Maybe I should think up front before choosing stretchy fabrics.....

And trimming blocks on my "Turntable" is fun too, how have I done that before owning such a helpful tool??






Coincidence or not: when I started trimming my leaf blocks this morning there was a terrible noise from outside, caused by yard-men, trimming all the bushes around, getting rid of big masses of leaves. Lucky they haven´t spotted my leaves!



I love this easy quilt with hand dyed fabrics combined with bigger scraps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment