Thursday, December 11, 2014

In between

As I was out of basting for my Festival of Trees quilt I finished my birthday-blocks quilt. Last year our group decided that each one of us could wish for a block from the others for his birthday. I chose a crazy log cabin block with green in the middle and all sorts of grey fabrics around it. The only regulation for the block was that it had to be finished with one dark grey stripe that I provided. 

It´s also the first time that quilted a piece completely by machine. I only did straight lines but not without getting all kinds of advice online first - the most helpful one that I got was the one from Jacquie Gering. After reading how to go on with straight line quilting, I really felt confident enough to do it with my little Pfaff sewing machine. Here´s the result!


Thanks to all the members of the Innsbruck group of Quiltirol for their blocks, they were very, very much appreciated! 

I will sell the quilt and donate it to Doctors without Borders. As soon as I have better pictures I will post them (with details and the back).


No comments:

Post a Comment